Best sitting habits we should follow to maintain healthy backbone In our entire childhood we often heard to sit properly while studying, to keep o
Best sitting habits we should follow to maintain healthy backbone
In our entire childhood we often heard to sit properly while studying, to keep our back straight and study in a well lit room. And maximum time we marked our back pain as a result of study material instead of poor postures. But lastly we understood that it’s actually the poor posture.
All of us are often haunted by the phrenic conception of maintaining that ‘correct posture’. But the question here arises – Is it even possible to amend one’s posture? The way we sit, stand and ambulate are the most vigorous of habits that are instilled in our personality over the years. So, from the
How to Maintain the Correct Sitting Posture
Maximum times we haunted by the thoughts of sitting with “right posture” but how many of us know what is the correct posture we should follow while doing our regular day work. Here are some tips to maintain right posture in our regular life.
Correct posture can be helpful to :
- reduce strain on the body during body movement and exercise
- reduce wear & tear on the joints, ligaments & muscles
- maintain balance during moving & exercising
- reduce the risk of muscle strain & overuse conditions
- improve spine health also
- The correct sitting position can be defined by a person’s height, the sitting chair/object they are using & the activity while sitting.
A person can improve sitting posture & can achieve a proper sitting position by following below mentioned tips:
- It’s better to avoid crossing knees or ankles
- One should keep the feet flat or rest them on either the floor or a footrest
- One must keep a small gap between the backside of the knees & the chair
- Best positioning of the knees should be at the same height or else slightly lower than the hips
- It is better to place ankles in the front of the knees
- By relaxing the shoulders is also another good idea
- By keeping forearms & knees parallel to the floor where that is possible also added some extra benefit
- One should hold the elbows at the sides by creating a L-shape in the arms
- By sitting up straight & looking forward without by straining the neck can reduces back pain also
- One should keep the back against the chair, or they can use a backrest/ cushion if there are a places where the back does not comfortably able to meet the chair, it is especially applicable in the lower back region
- One can reduce the risk of back pain by avoiding sitting for a long time continuously, Its best to take at least 10-minute break in each hour.
Other Posture Tips
According to Dr. Shuchi Sharma, a well-known Consultant Dermatologist at Apollo Hospital says, “Most people recommend you to sit straight and maintain the right eye-level while studying. But I lay more emphasis on taking regular breaks; like try to stand or walk a bit after every half an hour to one hour. Doing this will increase your muscle activity and improve blood flow to those areas which have been kept in a cramped or stretched position due sitting in a particular position for long hours”.
Every doctor also recommends the students that students should frequently do stretching exercises for the shoulders, arms, wrist, fingers, back & neck which will help to remove muscle tension & relaxes the body
Now when we know how we can maintain the best possible sitting position all that is need to do is to follow the basic rule which will become the habit of siting in a correct posture soon.