Living a healthy life is not that easy as you think in this world of the rat race. We are so busy with our work, that we hardly get any relaxation period to take rest. Our thoughts are continuously running in our head in order to perform better in our workplace. We don’t get time to eat comfortably at noon. We are always busy with group work, individual assignment, project work, daily routine. It does not matter whether we work in an office, or in an institution or we study in a school, college or university as long as interferes into our daily lifestyle. It’s very difficult to stay fit and healthy in today’s world. We need to maintain a proper routine for staying healthy and perfectly fine. There are some healthy living tips for all of you that you may follow in 2020-
- Eat more vegetables and fruits– You need a properly balanced diet on a regular basis. Try to eat fresh green vegetables like spinach, cabbage, cucumber, lettuce, pumpkin, Tomato, beetroot, brussels sprouts, brinjals etc. Most importantly eat various delicious healthy fruits like banana, papaya, watermelon, berries, strawberries, mangoes, apple, fig, gooseberry, litchi, jackfruit, grapes, guava, muskmelon, orange, pear, pomegranate, sweet lime etc. Most of us don’t get enough fibres (we should be eating 20 to 35 grams regularly). Lack of fibre increases the chances of constipation, blood cholesterol levels and risk of colorectal and breast cancer etc.
- Drink plenty of water-In order to save yourself from dehydration, drink plenty of water. On a busy workday, we forget to drink water, thus increases chances of gastric problems, heartburn and headache. Blood is more than 90 percent water, and blood carries oxygen to different parts of our body. In fact with dehydration, the skin can become more vulnerable to skin problems like rashes, pimples, premature ageing and wrinkling.
- Do exercise regularly– -In order to stay healthy, besides a healthy diet, exercises are very much necessary. Practise Pranayama, asanas, meditation, yogas at least for 1 hour a day. Regular exercise is necessary for long-term preventative health as it reduces the risk of serious health issues. Most importantly it reduces stress, builds muscle & burns fat. Aerobic exercises raise your heart rate (which burns calories). Examples of this type of exercise include jogging, running, dancing, swimming, and bicycling
- Plan some daily activities-You can take the stairs instead of the elevator. Walk during a coffee break or lunch. Do housework like cleaning, washing more often .Start walking in your lawn in the morning for 15 minutes. Start morning walk with neighbours or team members. Organize party, meeting outside your office. Start cycling/biking instead of using a car while going nearby.
- Walk more and sit less– You need to move your body rather than sitting on your chair all the time. You should go for a daily walk. Our bodies are meant for movement. We sit while chatting, finishing our lunch and arranging meeting. But we need to walk more and sit less for stretching your muscles.
- Put a full stop to alcohol and smoking– Stop drinking alcohol, sodas on a regular basis. It will show its impact on your liver and kidney. You need to control your addiction to smoking and drinking. Remember One drink is equivalent to 5 ounces of wine. When you drink soda, it automatically increases calories. In fact, fruit juices are as bad as soda. So try to avoid these drinks and quit smoking. You all know that tobacco causes cancer. Therefore don’t invite death to your house.
- Eat nuts– For a healthy lifestyle, you can eat nuts as much as you want. Because nuts are loaded with magnesium, vitamin E, fibre, and various other nutrients.This food can boost metabolism.
- Avoid junk foods– Most of the junk foods contain a high level of saturated fats, sugar, salt and bad cholesterol which are a toxin to the health. Put a stop to pizzas, pastries, French fries, cookies, cakes, white bread etc. Try to restrain yourself from these toxic foods as much as possible.
- How to be healthy-There are several ways in which you can keep yourself healthy –
- Eat like a kid-Start eating like a kid. Take your food in every 3 hours. Add vegetables and fruits in your diet chart. Try to drink healthy energy drink like Glucon- D, Horlicks High Protein Drink, Ensure Chocolate Flavor etc.
- Be a picky eater-Try to eat protein enriched foods like egg, fish and milk for a healthy lifestyle. Take your time to consume and digest food. Eat slowly. While eating don’t talk with others. Infact eating cold-water oily fish (wild salmon, herring, sardines, trout) two to three times in a week will provide you both EPA and DHA.
- Avoid taking unnecessary medicines-People now a days cannot tolerate any kind of pain, pangs. So they often take painkillers without considering the pros and cons. That is harmful for them.
- Give yourself some time-You can not escape from your work. But you have to manage your personal life and professional life together. You need a day break from your job. You can go for a short holiday trip in the weekend with your family members and relatives. At night try to relax by listening to music, watching Tv. Keep your files away from you then. Most importantly try to do your office work in your office.
- Encourage positive vibes– Staying healthy is a different thing and making your mind happy is a difficult work. You need to engage yourself into positive, motivational thoughts. Read Bible, Vedas and hum the tunes of Gayatri mantra. It will ease your mental traumas and tribulations. Visit a church or temple whenever you get time. Be happy, contented and relaxed.
- Attend social gatherings like event and parties– Try to mix up with people in order to stay healthy. Otherwise you will suffer from loneliness, desolation and isolation. Most importantly your wellness depends on your desire to attend party, function, events which will change your moods, thus boosting your confidence and social skills. Engage yourself in recreational activities like dancing and singing will create your image in the society and free your mind from negativity.
At the end of conclusion I must say that you need to smile a lot throughout the day. It will keep your stress away from you. You need to follow a diet chart. Don’t feel pressured to sign up for that marathon straight away. Start slow and build on your progress. The perks to eating healthy plentiful — it lowers your risk for health issues, improves confidence, increases energy, controls weight, manages sugar level, and sets a good example for family and friends.